Monday, January 19, 2015

Bentong, Pahang.

This happened awhile ago but I did not update as I was in the midst of finals. Anyway, here it goes, BENTONG!

The weather was pretty nice when I was there, no rain. It can get quite sunny in the noon and being in a village where people rises as early as 5 am, you'll actually feel the relief from city's hustle and bustle. There's nothing much there, merely some mountains, some waterfall(which is quite deep in and bumpy roads if you are interested), some orchards stay(which my boyfriend's mum went) and mostly, FOOD.
When you see this sign, you know you are on the right way.
SHL, a famous restaurant at Bentong.
'Yin Yong' and Braised Pork with Yam.
It's famous and mind you, I went there at 3pm and it's still fully packed although it's way over lunch time but to me, the taste is just ordinary. I can find better ones in KL.

Homemade Ice-Cream.

Homemade Ice-cream in Bentong is really famous, especially the one slightly to the right-opposite the big local market (red building). For me, this really tastes homemade. I pretty enjoyed it especially during the heat in the noon.



At night, there's really nothing much for you to eat. The choices are really limited as people there close as early as 6pm. There's this one night rows of shop you can find in the town near the morning market (trust me, you'll be able to find it as it's a small town) where they sells tong sui, fried food and some noodles. There are also bak kut teh and other varieties of finger food.


In the morning, you should rise as early as you can (9am is considered late) and head to the morning market! (Yes, the big red building) The morning market has many local food, the famous ginger, sek kek ma (a chinese chewy biscuit), pineapple / kaya puffs and many more. You may ask stalls nearby and they'll direct you there as the town is so small that everyone knows everyone's business. Of course, do not approach stalls that are selling similar food. If you are interested in buying the famous sek kek ma, ask someone from the fruits stall by saying "famous sek kek ma".

Yam Cake + Chee Cheong Fun wrapped with ingredient of your choice (There was ham, sausage, seaweed, and plain)

This is something I find in the morning market which I find it quite good. You should try this and many other varieties such as the famous roti canai stall where you'll see people queuing up for it.

Overall, small town and life revolves around a big, red market which is the local and tourist attraction. You can shop around for some cheap goods near the market where shower cap only equals to RM 1 (I know because I bought it :P) Better escape plans for outskirts experience will definitely be the orchards stay somewhere near Bentong. There are a few which you can look up online.

I just came back from Bangkok so that's next! Girls especially, be excited!!! :)

Regrets in life are created because you let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment