Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sekinchan, Selangor.

A long weekend perfect for a short day trip? Loves seafood and the sun?

Sekinchan is to go then! A small town, nothing much to visit besides its serenity of the small town filled with green paddy field (If you go at the right season) with LOTS and LOTS of seafood shops. Beware though, this place is getting touristy (Due to Hong Kong TVB drama series, Outbound Love starring my handsome prince, Ruco Chan and Aimee Chan) and hence, expect some price hike here and there.

1) Paddy Factory - You can buy local manufactured rice and some other goods here. I got the 2kg brown rice for RM 10 which I find reasonable and since it was in vacuumed pack, being the tourist me, I just bought one to try.


 2) Paddy Field (opposite Paddy Factory) - I was superbly lucky that day. The sky was so blue and the paddy field was really green hence, the photo. ;)


3) Mango "Farm" - Further down the road from the Paddy Factory, there is a Mango "Farm". Note the quotation marks because it is not really a farm but more like a stall selling mangoes at extravagant price. Although I must admit their mangoes are relatively larger than what we usually find in common Malaysia market, but it's just not something locals will buy at that price. Well, to be fair, you can find mango trees along the road, by the river opposite the supposedly mango farm.


 4) Temple - I forgot the temple's name but you can literally find a few temple in this town indicating the majority of the population. There are 2 temples that I spotted, one temple is the one near the seafood Restaurant Yi Mi while the other is the one below.


5) Pantai Redang, Sekinchan - As the name goes, you can find Redang in Sekinchan but don't put high expectation when you visit the beach (Don't say I didn't warn you..) Still, go there for some young vibe(They actually have music blaring over the speakers to hype up the environment!) and just enjoy yourself by the tree houses as well as the wishing tree. Which one you ask? I think it's pretty obvious!




6) This is a full loaded dai bao from their Re Re Lai Dim Sum Shop. Priced at RM 3.20 with a large portion of fillings, it is worth a try although I must say the taste is just average. However, if you are on your way back to KL and you are using the Klang route, please do stop by Shin Lok Coffee Shop to try their famous vege bao and yam puffs which I didn't manage to get this time around(I reached there about 4pm) as it was sold out. So yes, plan your time wisely!You can read more about them here: http://www.j2kfm.com/famous-jeram-pau-yam-puff-kedai-kopi-shin-lok-kuala-selangor/


Work is never ending. Life will. Life > Work. Life-work balance, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment